Monday, December 6, 2010

Screaming Mad!

I'm so mad right now that I ended up in tears on the phone with Kacey's Endo. I had called the doctor back about Kayleigh's A1c and requested a new one be done. I got a call back today telling me that the doctor that diagnosed her with Hypoglycemia said there was NO NEED for another A1c since her one from 2 years ago was NORMAL. WHATTTTTTTTTTT?!?!?! Last time I checked, things can be NORMAL one year and the next they are in TOTAL CHAOS! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! So I told the lady on the phone to tell her that we DID have a PPO for insurance. We WOULD be making an appointment with Kacey's Endo. We WOULD get an A1c done. And we WOULD NOT be requesting to see Dr. P anymore! THIS IS INSANE!!!!

So I called Kacey's Endo office and told them what was going on and she informed me that since it was diagnosed as Hypoglycemia then she should definately be seen by a Endo and the soonest they could get us in was January 7th. I have to get her records faxed over to the office. In the meantime, I'm gonna drive myself bonkers! :( Have any of you used the over the counter A1c tests? I'm so sick at my stomach right now!

How in the world can you diagnose someone as Hypoglycemic and then tell them you will not authorize an A1c because the one 2 years ago was normal? TWO YEARS!!!

I know I'm probably freaking out right now but geezussssssss c'mon at least give the mother some peace of mind! So if that A1c was still a 5.6% then we'd rest well and try and settle some nerves. In the meantime, I'm watching Kayleigh...her appetite increases and decreases at the drop of a hat, she ran to the bathroom more than usual, she's drinking more....and do we just call it GROWING and HORMONES with a side of an OVERPROTECTIVE MOTHER?

I'm scared! I'm mad! I'm upset! The least little thing causes me to raise an eyebrow because I'm TOO aware of what is happening!

BREATHEEEEEEE! BREATHEEEEEEEE! ~sigh~ Ummm...Can I have my cafe mocha vodka valium latte to go NOW, please!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh man Jill I'm so sorry you are going through this right now!!

Anytime my non-D kids show signs of T1 I go nuts and it brings me right back to "D" day for Cara!!

(((BIG HUGS)))

Jennifer said...

If I have learned anything over the past 5 1/2 yrs it's LISTEN TO YOU OWN GUT! You have every right to be mad & upset right now. That is absoluetly insane that they wouldn't do another A1C. Who gives a crap if the one 2 yrs ago was normal? THAT WAS 2 YRS AGO!!!! I'm so sorry you are going through this. Please keep us updated.

Briley said...

I did an at home A1C (two actually) and I don't know how accurate the first was, but the second said I was at 7.6 and three weeks later at the endo, I was 8.2, so I would say, no, those aren't really helpful.

But I would say, stick with your gut, you're the mom. You know your girls inside and out, and the person on the other end of the phone, well, doesn't.