Friday, October 30, 2009

Fever Free

Our house is FEVER FREE!
I know I shouldn't jump for joy just yet but it's kinda hard not too after having fevers in my house for the last 5 days.

Kacey woke up this morning with a blood sugar of 174 and she went to bed with a normal temp and woke up with a normal temp. I felt her head during her 2am check and she was nice and cool. So I'm thinking she's through the worst of this mess!

Kayleigh continues to get stronger each day. She still has the cough but it's not as hard on her breathing as it was. She actually had the energy to start on the work she's missed this week. I'm keeping her home til Monday so she can go back to school at 100%.

Frankie's fever broke last night and he woke up this morning feeling 100% better. Against my wishes, he went back to work. Since he drives a truck that hauls heavy equipment, he said he was fine to drive. All he's got now is the cough and a bit of a stuffy nose. He's making a long haul today so I'll keep calling to check on him! I must admit....he's a hard worker for sure!

As for me...I've still managed to dodge this mess and continue to pray that my immune system is strong enough and this mess doesn't come back to bite me in the butt next week when everyone else is well!

Now...onto the Halloween issue....
I've really been thinking about this. I spoke with the girls about it and we've decided that we will NOT be trick-or-treating this year. There were many factors we took into consideration. The first one being....GERMS! Going door to door with all the flu germs that are going around isn't a smart idea. When you think about it, if the person handing out candy is sick or getting sick and they touch the candy to put it in your bag then they've just given you the germs. Also, if they are one that let the kids pick their own candy then you've got every single germy hand from every single kid that came there before your child. Ummm....YUK! The second factor in deciding NOT to go was the fact that Kayleigh is now 15yrs old and she really had no interest in dressing up and taking Kacey around trick-or-treating for candy that Kacey most likely isn't going to eat. I just don't see the point in wasting the time to do that. SOOOOOOO.... (drum roll) they voted to stay in and do a movie and popcorn night! While I was out running errands yesterday, I bought them a new movie.... "17 Again". They both saw it at the movies with Daddy but I haven't seen it yet. So we're going to have a fun night in and I told Kacey if she wanted to wear her costume then she could. I'm betting it only stays on about 10 min and then she will ditch it!

Tonight is...PUMPKIN CARVING! I'm looking forward to doing this with the girls this year. The carving is a ritual that they share with my Mom & Brian every year. Since they've been sick, we're not wanting to share any germs so we've decided to carve them at home this year and take lots of pics :) I'll share those later!

To everyone going out trick-or-treating this year....STAY SAFE! Carry your GermX! Wash your hands!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL!!!

3 comments:

Lora said...

Glad everyone feels better :)

Meri said...

Enjoy your weekend! You deserve it. Think of me while I attend the FOUR halloween parties within the next 30 hours. :( I want to stay home with you and watch the movie. I haven't seen it either.
:(

Amy said...

What a relief for you Jill! So glad that everyone is on the mend!
We've got a party, trick or treating in our neighborhood, then hanging out with good friends later in the evening. Of course, I think the high here tomorrow is 18 degrees, so trick or treating may not last long! ;)