Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

I'm finally getting things caught up at home after all the rush of last week. I didn't think I'd ever get the pile of laundry done...LOL!

Kacey is battling some crazy blood sugars. Not sure what's going on? I'm hoping that since we're getting back on schedule then her numbers will come back down. She's bounced in the 300's for over a week and now she's playing the "Tigger" game again and going from in-range numbers to highs and then back down again.

Frankie is doing MUCH better. I was worried about him when Granny died because I'd never seen him so upset before. After the funeral on Thursday, it was like a breath of fresh air. It was finally over and we had to focus on moving forward. Since his sister was in town, we made the best of it and we all went to Busch Gardens with his other cousins and their families. We had the best time and it was nice to finally laugh again after a week of so many tears. It was definately needed!

As for me....I'm in full scrapbook-mode again! I've got another ALL-DAY scrapbook day coming up this Saturday from 9am-5pm. I'm so excited! This time I will be catching up Frankie's hunting scrapbook since I haven't scrapped the last 2 years of his hunting season. I am also starting a new scrapbook called....Sleepy Hollow Pumpkin Patch. Yep :) We decided on a name for our pumpkin patch and I'm thrilled to start this book. It's our first time growing our own patch and I've taken pictures from the time we plowed the field...to planting...then fertilizing....and when the "babies" came up through the dirt! It will be great to look back on this years later when we have a nice farm going.

FUZE Update...I got an email back from the company and they do not offer coupons but they did say the local stores run sales on them and for me to watch the flyers. Kacey and I found them in Walmart. They are $6.97 for a 6 pack but if you buy them individually they are $1.00 each. She tried the other 3 flavors and she loves them all! I ended up giving in and buying 6 of them for her :)

We're on the countdown to Kacey's 1 year D'anniversary! It's hard to believe how far we've come in just ONE year. I'll be blogging more about it soon!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

We're two months away from the one year anniversay and I'm pondering how to recognize it. Since it's two days away from Elise's birthday, it doesn't make sense to have some sort of party or get together.

I'm curious to see what you're planning, you always seem to have good ideas!

Wendy said...

So glad to hear you guys are feeling better.

Ugh. Laundry. That's all I have to say about that!!!!

For Addy's anniversary, we've made it a tradition to have "ice cream for lunch".

In your face, diabetes!

Ronda said...

A day at Bush Garden's would make anyone's day better ~ only been to a Bush Garden's once, but had the best time ever there!

Thanks for the Fuze update - I bought some for Olivia and she loves them. I'm going along with all of you and will post of picture of Olivia with one soon. LOL. They should pay us for all the awareness that we are spreading about their product. LOL. I have another product to share....Fizzies. I found at a candy store. It is a candy tablet that you place in 6oz of water and it fizzes and then you drink it up! <1 per serving. Flavors I got were blue raspberry, orange, cherry, and rootbeer. My daughter loves to watch it fizz. LOL. I'll post a picture on facebook.

One year ...it sure does fly by doesn't it. We just passed our second year June 12th.

Hope Kacey's blood sugars get back in range (and stay there) soon.

LakeLady said...

I say kick diabetes in the behind and celebrate. I'm all for a pinata and a giant stick! I'm happy that your house is feeling better. Lots going on now for your little famliy. God Bless.

:) Tracie said...

Glad to hear things are brighter for all of you!

I can't remember what the commercial is for, but there's a pinata that gets hit and the candy comes pouring out nonstop...we've dubbed that Jessi's commercial and every time I see it I have to laugh. Jessi would take those other kids down for that candy...never get in the way of a diabetic and a pinata!LOL! So I second that pinata idea!!!!
Whatever you guys do will be great because she's doing well and she's alive.
We don't really celebrate, that's just us, but we do acknowledge the day and know that we are blessed it wasn't worse. Jessi just passed 7 years march 1st. Her 1 year "pumpaversary" is up on the 21st. I can't believe that.