Thursday, July 9, 2009

Griller's Surprise

Last night we got a funny surprise! I was laughing so hard that I had tears rolling down my face.

Frankie wanted steak for dinner and I'd gotten him some new steaks when I went grocery shopping last week. I took out the steaks and walked outside to give them to him. He seemed a bit shaken up. He said he just got a huge scare! I asked him what was wrong and he opened the grill to reveal this....


WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT? We just used the grill last week! He said to look closer....so I leaned over to see this.....

YES! Thats 4 baby bird eggs! Holy cow! He gave me a pitaful look and said "Oh Mumma, we can't hurt them!" LOL....so that meals no grilled steaks for him! He chose to put his steaks in the oven instead :) He said that when he went to lift the lid of the grill the mama bird flew out and thats what scared him.

Here is a closer peek.....
Kacey was so excited! I just LOVE living in the country...haha! So...to solve the dilemma....my Mom gave us a George Foreman grill so Frankie can grill his steaks and we can watch the birdies grow....win-win!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! I'll bet that gave him a real fright! How fun, though, to watch that nest full of eggs hatch!

:) Tracie said...

Who'd a thought a bird would nest in a grill?!? Pretty smart and safe on the birds part. Fortunately your husband didn't fire up the grill before checking it!

Good thing your mom got the George Foreman for you guys!

Never a dull day, huh?!

Wendy said...

That's crazy!!!!!!!

So sweet...that mama bird is just trying to take care of her babies just like we're trying to take care of ours.

I can't wait to see them :)

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

That is awesome! We have a bird house in our back yard and we had 3 birds that hatched about a month ago. It is so fun to watch them grow! Have fun with that. I think it is hiliarious as well though.

Joanne said...

How funny! I wonder what kind of birds they are?