Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 1 with Dex

My eyes popped open at 5:47am and I immediately shot up out of bed in a panic. OH CRAP!!! I took off running to Kacey's room. I fell asleep at 8:30pm last night...and I never set my alarm for the 2am check!!!! Crap! Crap! Crap! Her first night on Dex and I sleep through it....ugh! I immediately looked at Dex.....67 :O WHAT?!?!? I hurried and got Herbie ready for a test... 93. Whew! Thats better but that's the lowest she's woken up in a long time. I scrolled thru Dex's screens to the 9hr screen. There were 2 drops in the middle of the night that I never caught and I probably wouldn't have caught if I tested her at 2am.

The day was pretty uneventful. Kacey did really well taking Dex to school. She's adjusted so well to this and it's become so "normal" to her. I was afraid Dex would be a distraction since she was fascinated with it last night and I had the talk with her about how she didn't need to look at it every 5 min and we'd look at the screen when she came home to see how her day went. She did very well and remembered to put her numbers into Dex each time she tested. I'm just amazed at how fast she caught on to navigating the screens!
More tomorrow....

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Congrats on the A1c!!! WAY TO GO :) :) :)

So happy to hear that Dex is fun to have around!!!

OH, and CONGRATS on a full night's sleep!!!!!

Jill said...

Thanks Wendy!

LOL @ the congrats! Guess I needed the rest, huh?

:) Tracie said...

Just in case you didn't read my comment from the last post....

go to this site and scroll down an bit...

http://www.torbot.com/search.php?SearchTerm=skin+tac

you can buy a whole bottle and use a Q-tip for those lifting off spots!

Yeah on the A1C!!!