Thursday, October 16, 2008

We're going LIVE!


I'm so excited I can barely contain myself!!! I just talked to Neal Steele from our local radio station. I sent him an email about Kacey and the JDRF walk and asked him to help us get the community involved and he asked me to call him at the radio station. So I called and he is putting us on the radio LIVE next Wednesday at 7:05am!!! OMGGG How cool is that?!?! We get to go on and talk about the walk next Saturday and hopefully get help from local businesses and people in the community that make up the "tens of listeners". Now I have to get some notes together to be able to talk about 10 minutes....wooohoooooo! What a wonderful way to get the donations rolling in :) So far our team has raised nearly $1100 and the donations are still rolling in! I originally set our goal at $500 and then I raised it to $1300 on October 1st and it looks like we're going to bypass that before the walk! I'm thrilled with the outpour of support we've had just from family & friends....THANK YOU!!! Also, we're having the team shirts printed within the next few days. A good friend of mine, who happens to be a screenprinter, is donating his time, ink and all the screenprinting fees (thanks Chuck @ Brainstorm Productions!) Im so excited with the way the logo turned out and I'm looking forward to getting the shirts :)
Details on the walk:
JDRF Walk to a Cure
October 25, 2008
York High School
9am- Registration
10am- Opening Ceremony & 1 mile Walk
11am- Finish & Fun
If you're interested in donating to our team you can visit the walk website at http://www.walk.jdrf.org/ and our team name is Diabetes Sweeties and you can donate under Kacey's name. With every donation of $25 or more you will get a team t-shirt with our logo on it.
Thanks again to everyone for the donations and prayers! We appreciate them all from the bottom of our hearts!
~*~JILL~*~

No comments: