Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Where Have We Been?

Holy cow! I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I've blogged! I know that I've kept most of my D-Moms updated by Facebook but I guess it's time to catch everyone up here on whats been happening!

My carpal tunnel has been acting up again and thats been keeping me from typing too much. I had that EMG done a while back and they tried to talk me into surgery but I just wasn't ready! I've already had CT surgery on my left hand and I know how difficult that was and so this is my right hand that needs to be done and I'm a dominant right handed person so I am NOT ready to go through all of that right now. The only way to get it to settle down is to take a break from all the typing ;)

Virginia got slammed with snow last week. We got 9-11 inches of the nasty white stuff! It completely shut down our county for a few days and the kids have been out of school since last Friday. We're hoping to get back in the swing of things tomorrow. All that being said, the girls were THRILLED to see all the snow and Kacey couldn't remember playing in snow this deep so she had a ball. I posted pics on FB for you all to see.

Frankie started his new job on Monday. W-O-W! What a difference it makes! A difference in attitude was the best part. He said it's NOTHING like the company he used to work for and thats in a good way. He said they aren't yelling at him all the time and they aren't blowing up his phone. Then when you drive 34 miles to work vs. driving 78 miles to work (ONE WAY) ...it makes a HUGE difference!

Yesterday was an exciting day at our house! I took Kayleigh to get her belly button pierced. OUCH! Well I say "ouch" but Kayleigh said it didn't hurt at all :) She's still so skinny and petite so it looks so dang cute!

Things are pretty stable on the diabetes front. The new ratios and basal changes seem to be working. She's had a few lows but nothing under 50 so it's ok. LOL I say that like 50 is an ok number! She feels the lows long before the 50's but we just deal with them, right?

Been thinking alot lately! This time two years ago, Kacey was getting really sick. She had a cold we couldn't get rid of and her teacher was on her about leaving the classroom to get water all the time. Little did we know, she had her diabetes onset. We're getting close to the 1 year pump anniversary and the 2 year diabetes anniversary. It's hard to believe how far we've come!

Thats all for now. Can't type too much but I'm hoping that once this CT settles down then I can get back in the swing of things. Sorry that I haven't posted to many blogs. PLEASE know I'm thinking about all of you and I'm keeping updated as much as I can :)

1 comment:

Meri said...

Hi Carpal Tunnel buddy! SO. NO. FUN.

I took a whole 2 days off from typing! LOL I have my braces on so I feel like I shouldn't be hurting myself...(But it's sore after I make a few comments, so I'm TRYING to be careful and keep things short. But short comments are not in my nature...obviously, this one is already a novel!)


SO happy about your hubbys new job!