Saturday, February 6, 2010

D-Community Help

I received an email that really touched my heart and I thought I'd share it with the D-Community in case anyone could help. Unfortunately since we use Cozmo, we're of no help to Lizzie. She uses a MiniMed 512 insulin pump. She doesn't have a D-blog but she does read several of our blogs. She's from Kansas and I just felt like I needed to share this in case anyone out there was able to help her.

~~~~~

Jill,

I've been reading your blog for a while now and I have just found it so encouraging. I am a college student and I was diagnosed when I was 6. I have been under my dad's insurance up until two weeks ago when my dad lost his insurance. He has been unable to work for the past 6 months due to stage 4 cancer. As a college student, my funds are very limited and I was wondering if you know of any resources to help get me buy until I figure something out. I am currently pumping and trying to avoid going back to shots at all costs. I'm certainly willing to if it come down to it, but I thought I would try reaching out to the d-community for possible suggestions first.

Thank so much,
Lizzie Poe


~~~~~

If there is anyone that is able to help her, please feel free to email me @ mom2knkc@inna.net and I will put you in contact with her.

THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Jill,

Maybe she could look into medicaid? It may be an option if she qualifies. I know they cover the pump and all it's supplies.

Jill said...

Thanks Rachel!
I don't know anything about the assisted programs because the lady at our local Social Services told me "NO!" when I asked to get assistance for Kacey. She said my husband made too much. Go figure! If he quit his job then we could get help :(