Monday, January 18, 2010

Dreaded Report Card

Tomorrow is our D-report card day! Kacey goes to the Endo at 1:45pm and I'm REALLY not looking forward to it...wait...I never am! It's just a reminder of how rough those sugars have been and I really don't need to be reminded. I was sitting here thinking earlier....it was this time ONE YEAR AGO that we were making the decision for the pump and getting the green light for pump class. Amazing! It's hard to believe that Herbie will be celebrating his 1yr birthday in just two months. Heck, it's even harder to believe that Kacey will be celebrating her 10th birthday in less than 2 months! For those of you out there that are still torn on whether the pump is right for you....take the leap! It will be the best decision you ever made for yourself or your child. It's a scary process but it's a process that I'd go through again in a heartbeat. We LOVE Herbie and I can't even begin to think about taking Kacey back to shots!

Kacey was also scheduled to have the warts burned off her feet. Well, I was just getting her into the bath and I asked to check her feet. Ummm....the place we put the medicine on is peeling off and where it was all inflamed is all dried up. I got a nail file and gently buffed where the warts were and I can see the black part!! Something inside me is saying "Cancel the appt and don't go with the burning!" You know what happens when you get that naggy Mommy voice inside. So I think I'm gonna cancel the appt and see how this heals up and if they go away. I'm scared to mess with her feet and burning a wart causes a sore, right? Diabetics shouldn't have sores on their feet! So yeah, the naggy voice is winning and if I need to make her another appt then I will.

More on sleepovers....Kayleigh's friend, Kerri, ended up staying another night with us! They were off of school today and she brought extra clothes. She didn't bring them with the intent on staying but since she had them and because she was such a joy to have around, I told Kayleigh she could stay one more night. All 3 of the girls were like kids in a candy shop! This is the first friend that Kayleigh has invited over that actually included Kacey in what they were doing and didn't mind having her around. Usually the other girls tell Kayleigh to kick Kacey out and then it all ends in tears. Maybe thats why it was such a joy! I was laying on the couch with Frankie last night watching TV and we couldn't believe how well the girls were getting along. They played hide and seek though the house, played games on the laptop and even made dinner and dessert! Since they had the day off and we didn't meet my Mom on Saturday for breakfast like we usually do, we decided to do that today and take Kerri with us! She was shy at first but she quickly warmed up to my Mom and was calling her "Nae" by the end of the afternoon. We went to breakfast and then out shopping like usual. It was like having a 3rd daughter along for the ride and Mom couldn't believe how well mannered she was. It was SOOOOO much fun! We even took the girls in a store called Plato's Closet. It's a thrift store that sells nothing but gently used brand name stuff (Aeropostle, Hollister, American Eagle, etc). They had a ball! :) We didn't give Kerri back until 3:30pm today and it didn't even feel like we had her for 48 hours. LOL! We all giggled because this is the first friend that Kayleigh invited over that I didn't rush out the door at 10am the next morning.

What a wonderful 3 day weekend for us! It's back to normal schedule for Kayleigh tomorrow and Kacey get's one more day to relax :) I'll update after the Endo appointment!

3 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Yay for a great day and a fun long w/e! Hope the endo appt goes well for ya!

Meri said...

Good friends are such a blessing! Especially those that us Momma's like too!

Good luck tomorrow!

Wendy said...

Ahhhhh...awesome weekend :) So glad you guys had fun!!!!

3 girls rock, if I do say so myself :)

Keep up the good work and hang tough tomorrow -- we're on your side!!!