Friday, February 20, 2009

The 6th Game

Thanks to Amy for tagging anyone that reads her blog for the 6th Challenge.
Here are the rules:

1. Go to the photo folder in your computer

2. Go to the 6th folder of photos.

3. Go to the sixth picture.

4. Put the picture on your blog and description of it.

5. Invite six friends to join the challenge.


My picture:

6th Folder- Diabetes

6th picture- Kacey & Nurse Amanda

I'm so glad this picture came up :) This is the wonderful Nurse Amanda. This pic was taken on July 15, 2008....in the ER at Children's Hospital...as Kacey was being admitted with her diabetes diagnosis. Nurse Amanda is the one Kacey bonded with that dreadful afternoon. I don't think she completely understands the impact she had on Kacey (and us!). She took such good care of Kacey while we were in the ER waiting to be admitted to the PICU. As I always say...a little kindness and compassion goes a LONG way! She took the time to come up and see Kacey and speak with us once we were admitted. That day is one that we will never forget and it was nice to have such a wonderful nurse to help us embrace this illness. When I see Kacey in this picture, I REALLY see how sick she was! I never saw it at the time but I see it now.

Anyone that wants to tag themself...please do! :)

No comments: