Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Blog Day!


Today is a GOOD day!
Today Kacey woke up at a 135 and she smiled when I kissed her cheek to wake her up. Yes. Today has been a good day! She's been in the best mood, despite creeping into the 200's at lunch. She's danced. She's played Barbies. She's gone outside with her sister. She's laughed. She's the Kacey I wish we could have every day!

Happy Blog Day to all my fellow bloggers out there!

I only started blogging just a few short months ago, yet some days I feel like I've been here longer. After we came home from the hospital with Kacey, I was internalizing all my feelings. I was scared to let anyone see me cry and I tried to remain so strong...it was the Mommy part of me! I thought if I let anyone see me cry then they'd see weakness and I didn't want to be seen as the Mommy that couldn't handle such a terrible diagnosis. So I turned to the internet as an outlet. I dove into reading everything I could get my fingers on...I clicked...clicked...clicked...and I started to run across blogs. Linking from one blog to another, I found a world that exsisted on here that I never knew about. A world filled with other people struggling with the daily in's and out's of diabetes and their stories gave me hope. I'll admit...there are many nights I sat here reading blogs (all the way back from the person's very first post) and by the time I got to the present day, I felt like I actually knew that person! I'd never chatted with them...never met them face to face...but we had a common link....diabetes. I didn't feel so alone anymore! I started blogging...started posting...and started to become "friends" with some people that I'd never even spoken to! How fascinating! These people that I'd become friends with had read my story like I did theirs...they knew some of my inner most feelings...they felt my struggle, my frustration, AND most of all my pain!

Sheri...if it wasn't for the blog and myspace...our girls never would have linked. You've given me hope...motivation...and the courage to be a parent of a type 1 child with diabetes. You're "been there, done that" helped me when I needed it most and I'm forever greatful for you and I'm proud to call you my friend! We love you and Nikki!! BTW, remind me to tell you about the "package".

Cara...being type 1 yourself you've been able to share info with me and let me know that what seems to be "not normal" ...really is "normal in diabetes life" and its ok to feel the way I do sometimes! Im thankful for the info you've shared with me and the hope you've given me as well! *HUGE HUGZ*

To all my other fellow bloggers that I don't know on a more personal level since I'm so new to this...I hope to get to know all of you better...and I'm thankful to all of you that have taken the time to post to me and let me know that things WILL get better...I just have to give it time! Every single post was taken to heart and you have NO idea what they all mean to me! Thank you SOOOO much!

To our friends and family that read the blog...thank you for your support over the last 4 months! We couldnt have made it without the love you've all given us. Your kind words...your support....your hope...and most of all your prayers! If you are reading the blog and keeping up on our daily struggles...dont be a stranger :) Leave me a post and let me know you're here! I'd love to know who's out there following along with us. :) Thanks!

As I close....I close with a smile and tears. A smile because this IS a good day...we're thankful and pray for more days like this. And tears because I really am so very happy to be a part of the Diabetes OC and to walk hand in hand with each and every one of you as we continue the day to day struggles and walk this long road together.

May you all have a blessed day!

~*~JILL~*~

6 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Happy D-Blog day! Glad you've joined in with us!

meanderings said...

Hope Kacey continues to have good days, along with you!

Sandra Miller said...

A belated Happy D-Blog Day to you, Jill.

I'm so sorry to read of Kacey's diagnosis-- my son was diagnosed when he was eight as well, and I still remember how rough it was, that first year.

But it did get better-- a whole lot better.

Here's to many more good days for the both of you!

Take care,

Sandra

p.s. I'll add a link to your site this morning.

Kerri. said...

Happy D-Blog Day to you and Kacey. :) I'm glad you're out there, fighting the good fight.

Jill said...

Scott, Colleen, Sandra & Kerri,
Thank you so much for the happy wishes! Again, Im so very thankful to have all of you out there to lean on for support. You all are the best!!

Sandra...thanks for linking me :)

Cara said...

Aww! I'm so glad you started blogging! I love getting comments from you and seeing all the great pictures of your girls.