Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year


New Years bring Resolutions....something I've never been able to stick to. I guess when I say it to myself, my mindset makes it a "chore"...something I'm required to stick to. Then I find myself stressing over the whole thing when I fail. So this year, I am NOT making any resolutions...heehee! I'm going to pray about things and deal with the life God is giving me.

Life....it seems so busy these days and when my head finally hits the pillow at 11pm, I feel like there is a tornado in my brain some days. I find myself not being able to shut things off and relax. So much to do, so many things going on and just not enough hours in the day. I used to have such a clear head....WHY can't I focus anymore? Ummmmm....maybe it's because I stopped putting my feelings here. I stopped getting all the rubbish out of my head and kept it all inside. So yeah, it's time for a change. I've said it over and over and where do I end up? I guess part of it is still the fact that I had so much drama on my page from family and coworkers reading it. I bottled up and felt like I couldn't share here anymore because they were all reading my thoughts. Then once I was threatened with my job as a school employee, it made me clam up even more. I'm no longer a school employee. I chose to close that chapter and choose my life over that job. I'm not sure who from my family still comes here to read but I'm sure they've lost interest by now since it's been 2 years since we've spoken to them.

So for 2013, I'm turning a new leaf :)

It's time to jump back in with both feet. Diabetes was pushed to the back burner and we've not made it the first thing we think about anymore. It's something we live with but it doesn't control our family like it once did. Maybe thats another reason I had a hard time writing. I just didn't have anything to say. The posts seemed to repeat....high sugars, low sugars, A1c's, pictures of pumps and dexcom, sickness, symptoms, JDRF....ahhhhhhh!

My goal for 2013 is to find some new topics dealing with diabetes to blog about along with a mix of old ones and things non-diabetes related. So be prepared! :)

I hope each of you has a VERY Happy New Year full of joy!

Lots of Love,

2 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

I think that's a fine plan, Jill! All the best to you and your crew!

Jill said...

Thanks Scott!! :)