Thursday, March 11, 2010
C'mon now! I've gotta figure out what the hell is causing this illness for Kacey? She can't seem to get her immune system strong enough before it decides to plummet again. She just had strep a few weeks ago. She was sick on Monday with a sore throat and high sugars. She felt better on Tuesday and then at 11am, the nurse called me to come get her because she was sick at her stomach and her sugars were 300's again. I picked her up and she rested all afternoon. She felt better yesterday morning and went to school. Then at 2:30pm, the nurse called me and said she had run high all day and she wasn't feeling well again. She had a 100.3 fever but when we got home, I checked her and there was no fever. She's complaining of a sore throat, body aches, stuffy nose, a small cough and just feeling tired. Do the 2am check....454....CRAP! She got up at 3am and she was crying with her throat. OK....flashlight check....nope, it's just red. So I get her settled out on the couch so I can keep an eye on her. Get her up at 6am and she's crying again that she doesn't feel good. So I'm keeping her home. This is where my dilemma comes in. I called the doctor and explained her symptoms. Yes, they need to see her. I made the appointment for 1:15pm and then I explained the insurance situation. She told me that I could make payments for the visit and if I explain things to the doctor then they might be able to help with samples if she needs meds. Ugh! Once again, it's a pain in the ass that we have to deal with this! April 1st can't get here soon enough :( For now, she's sound asleep on the couch and thats where I'm leaving her! I'll update once we get back home.
at 8:48 AM