Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas MeMe

Christmas meme....Thank you Cara!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I love doing both...it depends on the present and how easy it is to wrap

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial...but next year I think we're going to buy a real one. I wanna have the experience of going to cut our own and I want the girls to have that memory too :)

3. When do you put up the tree?
The day after Thanksgiving when everyone is out fighting the crowds for Black Friday

4. When do you take the tree down?
The day after New Years

5. Do you like eggnog?
I do :) but I usually have one or two cups and that does me for another year! I only like drinking it at Christmas...with cookies!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My little red wagon...I was 3 and I remember it like it was yesterday! I got in it as soon as I saw it and I wouldnt get out til I opened all of my presents while I was sitting in it.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My Mom...mostly because she gets what she wants for herself all year long and then when I ask her what she wants she says "Nothing!"....yeah right!

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Frankie ... because he's completely satisfied with new tshirts and christmas boxers HAHA!

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I do...and it has alot of sentimental value because its the Nativity that we had under the tree when I was growing up for as long as I can remember. When it was time for me to move out, my Mom gave me a ton of my ornaments that I made when I was little and the nativity that she swore needed to be thrown out because it was so old. I think she bought it when her and my Dad got married in 1973!!

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? MAIL!!! I love mailing cards and I usually do a Christmas letter to let everyone know what we've been up to but this year Im torn on doing it because I dont want to go into the whole saga about the hell our lives have been for the last 5 months. Id rather everyone just be happy for the card!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Ummm...I dont know? Im very easy to please and Im never rude about gifts (even if they arent the best in the world)

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Christmas Shoes .... along with the classics Rudolph, Frosty, etc.

13. When do you start shopping?
Usually Im done a few weeks before Christmas but since things are a little different this year its going to be the week of Christmas LOL!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
*hangs head* LOL!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
fresh baked Christmaas cookies

16. Lights on the tree?
Colored AND twinkle!!!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
O' Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We stay home...the girls open presents Christmas morning and then we go visit our family but they are all local.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph :) For sure!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
This year we have a new star :) My angel quit lighting and moving so it was time to retire her :(

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
On Christmas Eve my Mom and Brian come to my house and they open their presents from us and they bring the girl's stockings full of goodies. The girls get to open ONE present from us and it is always new Christmas jammies. Up until this year they've always matched but since Kayleigh likes 2 piece and Kacey likes gowns, its hard to find them to match now. My reason for new jammies....well on Christmas morning we take tons of pics and I dont want the girls looking like ragamuffins in the pics when they look back years later (LOL how sad is that?!?! Haha!)

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Black Friday! I hate that day! I think its silly to have a 4 hour sale to watch people push, shove and act like animals.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
My tree is an old fashioned Christmas tree. I have colored lights that blink. All the ornaments have some sort of meaning. Many of them are from my childhood, ones the girls made and of course we have balls that have the year and something special that happened during that year. We each also have our own ball with our name on it.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Homemade mashed potatoes!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Honestly...I really dont want for anything. It will be nice to get the 4th book to my Twilight series (which I know my Mom bought me already). I also have a Pandora bracelet that I'd like a new charm for. Really...Im not picky and Im very thankful for any gift Im given! I like gifts from the heart....gifts that thought were put into....homemade things! The girls have made me so many things over the years and they are priceless and mean so much. Also my brother made me a lighthouse clock and put a digital frame in it and then loaded the card for the frame with pics of our life growing up and it was something that cant be replaced!

Awww this meme made me all mushy! I love thinking back to past Christmas fun!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love this meme. I really liked hearing about all your ornaments, they sounds so special. Will you be posting a picture of the tree?