Monday, September 1, 2008

Everything is ready!





OK...bookbags are packed....lunches are packed....clothes are layed out...and everything is ready for the first day of school tomorrow *sad* I've still got the sick feeling in my stomach and nerves have gotten the best of me a few times today! I've tried so hard to stay strong and positive but my insides are just crying :( I wasn't even this bad when the girls started Kindergarden!! That Mommy part of me doesnt want to let Kacey go...you know that feeling that "no one can care for her the way I do"... yep that feeling has set in! That sense of losing control and someone else not taking care of her the way I would. So yeah...Ive really got myself into a state!

Kacey is doing pretty good with it all. Shes had 2 moments today where she got upset and I told her we werent going to dwell on it....we were going into school with big smiles...and Id be back at lunch to help her get into a routine. So...drop her off at 8:30am...walk her to class...and then be back at 12pm for lunch...leave after lunch and go back at 3pm to pick her up :) I reassured her that until she was comfortable enough with letting the nurse give her shot to her that I would come up there and do it for her. I dont want to take that secure feeling away from her and have her all upset during the day waiting to get her shot.
Kayleigh is having a few nerves of her own. Its so hard to believe my baby is starting high school!! It seems like yesterday I was putting her on the bus for the first time...and tomorrow I will be putting her on the bus to start her last 4 years of school. Wow...only 4 more years and she'll be 18 *cry* Anyway, shes nervous, excited, happy...all wrapped in one! Im happy for her though :) I told her that these next 4 years will be some of the most memorable!!! (LOL...yep I remember those high school years!)
Well...I guess I will go for now. I wont be back on here til tomorrow evening to update.
Until then....
~*~JILL~*~

No comments: