OK...so I was telling Kacey about D-Blog Day and the 6 things question and she asked to tell everyone her 6 things...so here goes....
6 Things Kacey (10yrs old and T1) wants everyone to know about diabetes.
1. Diabetes is hard. You have to do a lot of Math and sometimes I don't feel like adding.
2. There are only 2 things I am not allowed to eat....well drink...that is real fruit juice and real soda because my insulin can't keep up with my sugar when it spikes up. I can eat anything else I want to.
3. Lows and Highs don't feel good. Lows make me feel foggy. I feel shaky and sleepy when I am low too. Highs make me feel like crap (**insert Mommy giggle** I'm typing it as she says it) I get a sick stomach and a headache.
4. I love my pump! His name is "Goober". I used to have a pump named "Herbie" but he cracked and I had to send him back. It was a sad time.
5. I change my pump site every 3 days and sometimes they hurt. I like changing my site every 3 days instead of taking a lot of shots every day.
6. I WANT A CURE! (***Silence***...sometimes it's the simple sentences that get across the most) Enough said!