Saturday, February 28, 2009

Amy Has A Pump!

Kacey has been glued to Amy all afternoon and she's been bugging me to make her a pump. I racked my brain because I didn't know what I could use to make one. Well she was in playing with her doctor kit and I spotted the "pager" .... AHHHHHHH! AN IDEA! I took the infusion set that she kept from her "make believe" pump (yeah gross!) and with a little clear tape... WAAAA-LAAAA! Amy has a pump (a little big but it works!) It's even got a button to push to "dose her" and a clip for her to wear it on her shorts (LOL!). She was so excited :) Amazing how she now has a baby doll she can relate to! I never thought I'd be creating a "diabetic doll" (geesh someone could be sitting on a gold mine if they actually created one!)

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love the pump!! Good for Kacey and her imagination! And good for you to really encourage her to use her imagination to help her cope with this disease. You're a great mom Jill!

Wendy said...

Very Cute :) Addy has a stuffed monkey/ape that she holds during all pump site changes. We call him "Pump Pal" ... she got him from our Cozmo rep and he came complete with a little Cozmo pump in a pump pack and a diabetes bracelet. Ask your pump rep about it!!!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done!!! :) When we were "creating" a bear for Tristan at Build a Bear workshop, I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice if they had diabetes accessories! :)

Scott K. Johnson said...

I love it!