Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy 6 month D-Anniversary

HAPPY 6 MONTH D-ANNIVERSARY KACEY!

On this day 6 months ago, Kacey was admitted into the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at CHKD. It was one of the scariest days of my life but as I look back these last 6 months, I can look at just how far we've come on this diabetes journey. I went from knowing nothing and being deathly afraid of needles to educating myself as much as I could about what Kacey is going through and gaining the confidence to give her those shots. I learned so many new words that I'd never even heard before. I know what it means to bolus. I know what basals are. I know what it means to look for trends. All of that was something I didn't understand. I do now! We are going to celebrate tonight with diet hot chocolate (4 carbs) and mini nilla wafers (20 carbs)...wooohoooo! That was Kacey's choice ;)

Thanks again to all of you for your support over the last 6 months! I'd be bald without you all!

OXOX


2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so proud of you both for everything you've learned and done. And I'm glad to know you. Here's hoping there aren't many more D-Anniversarys for Kacey because instead there will be a cure!

Cara said...

Awww! I'm so glad you found us so quickly! Though for your sake I wish you'd never had to find us.